Sunday, March 8, 2015

ONE



GUYS. It happened! I survived! Milo turned one and I survived! 

Milo turned one on Thursday (March 5) and we had such a fun day with him. We gave him a ball popper and his cousin Olivia gave him a truck that he's been pushing around all day ever since. We ate donuts (his favorite) and watched Curious George. I feel so blessed to have had him for a year, and I feel so blessed that rather than give birth this year I was able to watch him crawl around and laugh and play and snuggle. People always talk about how the best days of your lives are the days you get married and they days your kids come into the world, and while those days are really really great days that I will always remember, it's so hard for me to call them the best days of my life. For me, every day since having Milo has just been better and better. There are ups and downs of course, but watching him grow has been the happiest and greatest thing I've ever done. 

A more detailed 12 month update is forthcoming, and also a proper birthday party post but I thought you guys could use a little recap of Milo's first year so be sure to click the links down below. :)





A couple essays on parenting [1, 2, 3]













No comments:

Post a Comment