Saturday, July 5, 2014

Milo | 4 Months





Oh Milo. Where do we even begin this month? I so wish we had a measuring tape because I feel like he's gotten so long recently. I would bet he's 26 or 27 inches. I think his head has also grown too, which is good because his head has always been small compared to the rest of his body. He recently moved up to size 3 diapers and his 3-6 month clothes are getting snug. I can't believe it. My guess is that he is around 19 lbs. We might be in trouble because I didn't think he would outgrow his 3-6 month clothes so fast so I didn't bring anything bigger with us to San Antonio. Whoops. 

Lately I have seen a huge growth in Milo's cognitive and motor skills. He has been much more interested in toys and reaching out to grab them. He is really good at grabbing large things like stuffed animals, his frog, my hand/shirt, etc. He loves pulling his pacifier out of his mouth, and although he hasn't figured out how to put it back in yet, he is getting closer every day. It's so exciting to watch him figure stuff out. He's also started rocking from side to side, trying to roll over. I think it'll take another month or so before he gets there, but he's definitely starting to show interest. 

Milo laughs all the time now. He loves being startled. If you make a loud noise or a sudden movement he'll jump and his eyes will get really big and then he'll start cracking up. It's the funniest thing in the world. He smiles at everyone and rarely cries. In fact, if he's upset he'll mostly just squeal and scream until I feed him or pick him up. Oh and that's another thing. He's discovering all the things he can do with his voice and how I react to different things. For example, if he suddenly starts screaming as loud and as high as he can, I will always come running. And if he's bored and wants me to play with him, he'll pout his lips and start whimpering like he's about to cry and then as soon as I pick him up he'll break into the cheesiest grin. He kills me. 

He goes to bed at 10 every night. Andrew usually gives him a bottle to calm him down, and then takes him in the bedroom, sings him a couple songs, puts him in his crib and he is out. (This is the time where I eat cookies, aka: the best time) Then he is out for the night and doesn't make a peep until 7. Sometimes even 8. He takes two 2 hour naps during the day, usually from 10-12 and 2-4 and then a few cat naps here and there. Lately he's been taking all his naps in my bed, which at first I was worried about but he's still sleeping just fine in his crib at night, so as long as that doesn't change I don't really mind.

Life is so good with Milo right now. He has gotten to a point where I feel like I can play with him and rough him around a little without breaking him. He goes anywhere and everywhere with me and doesn't fuss. He doesn't scream in the car, the bath, or during diaper changes. I mean... he's kind of the greatest. OH AND I weaned him off the nipple shield! Which is something I haven't talked about before but I've been using it to breastfeed him since day one because he was having trouble latching. At first it really bugged me and I hated using it, but then I got used to it and I was just so grateful I could breastfeed- cause that's truly one of my favorite things to do. But now!!! Now he is no longer using it and I'm feeling pretty awesome about that. 

So yeah. Month four was a good one. Onward to number five! 

No comments:

Post a Comment