Friday, January 3, 2014

30 Weeks and Kidney Stones!



How far along: 30 weeks, 5 days

Baby size: 3.5 pounds? Maybe?


Weight gain: 22-25 pounds, I think


Maternity clothes: Gosh I need more. Thanks for reminding me. 


Stretch Marks: Got my first one on my actual belly! (They've all been on my hips so far) It's kinda cute. For now.

Sleep: Still sleeping like a baby, thank goodness. Although getting comfortable is getting increasingly difficult. 


Gender:  http://www.pinterest.com/catherineduke/baby-boy/

(help)

Best moment this week: The part where I stopped being in constant terrible pain.


Worst moment this week: Here's the short version. Started getting really bad back pain Friday night. Didn't sleep at all. Saturday morning was consistently not better. Couldn't get comfortable no matter what. Took 5000 mgs of Tylenol before 10 am and still didn't touch the pain. Uncontrollable shivers and shaking. Couldn't keep food down. Worst. Pain. Ever. Went to Urgent Care where they basically just said it was probably the way the baby was sitting and gave me some hydrocodone (which wore off after like, 2 hours) More writhing in pain all night long (who even knows the last time I've slept at this point). More of the fire pain, vomiting, and uncontrollable shaking all day Sunday until we finally gave in and went to Labor & Delivery. They told me it was probably a kidney stone, but my urine sample looked fine so they told me that it was probably just the baby again, but that I should call my actual doctor in the morning when his office opened. (On-call doctors are the worst)

LONG STORY SHORT: My doctor finally calls me and says "it's totally a kidney stone. come get some percocet and drink all the fluids in the world until you pass it." PRAISE. Percocet is a life-saver and I slept for like, 20 hours before waking up on New Years Day and FINALLY passing the stone.

The good news is, they tell me the pain is worse/equal to childbirth. So it should be a cake walk after this, yeah? :)


Looking forward to: I just really want my baby now.


What I miss: Bending over, rolling over, shaving, my old clothes


Movement: The really great blessing of this week was that throughout all the crazy pain and not knowing what was going and being on hardcore drugs and stuff, this little dude has been moving like CRAZY so I've never been worried about him or how the drugs were affecting him or anything. He has been a champion in making sure I don't worry about him. 


Food cravings: 



Aversions: Nope. No such thing. 


Belly button: Give it a couple more weeks! It's getting there. (gross)


Miscellaneous: TWO MONTHS TO GO???? that's really all I can think about lately, whether it's in sheer terror or painful excitement.  

4 comments:

  1. I've had kidney stones a handful of times now, and it's the worst pain I've ever been in. Keep drinking the water and lay low until it passes. Unless you want to jump a little to get it out. Oh, and just an FYI: once you have stones, your risk of getting them again goes up exponentially. Always drink water. I was told by my doctor to even drink it on Fast Sundays. Hydrating is key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. flawless use of Spongebob screencap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are such a trooper! Glad you're okay and that the blessed doctor gave you Percocet. Been thinking about you and the babe. Glad he's doing okay, too. Also the spongebob pic lets me know all is okay on the homefront. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ever take 5000 mgs of Tylenol at one time. EVER EVER EVER. Glad you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete