Friday, January 9, 2015

Milo | 10 Months





TEN MONTHS. TEN. I'M GOING TO HAVE A ONE YEAR OLD IN TWO MONTHS.

I also need to mention that the only way I could keep Milo on his back for longer than 2 seconds was to stuff him with puff cereal and yogurt bites so that's why he's got food on his face in some of these pictures. Also that very bottom picture, I am actually sitting on him to get him to hold still. THE THINGS I DO.

Okay, so what you actually came here for. I think Milo is still in the 22 lbs range. The biggest thing I've noticed this month is that he's gotten really long and tall and lost a bunch of his chunky little baby fat. He's really thinned out, I'm sure largely due to how mobile he is now, and he's looking more and more like a toddler every day. 

He's gotten SO good at standing, although he's still too scared to try it without holding onto something. But he stands all day long, and walks along from furniture to furniture, and very very rarely will attempt to let go for a split second. He's also become a really good climber. He can climb up on the couch now without my help and if we had stairs, I'm sure he'd climb those too. 

Milo loves bananas, apples, grapes,  orange creme yogurt, and CHOCOLATE. I can't tell you how many times after Christmas I found him with an entire chocolate, wrapper and all, in his mouth. He cries and cries when we take them away. 

He's learned how to take off his pants, and chooses to do so frequently. I take full responsibility for that one. :)

Milo loooooooves music. He's always been attentive to it, but lately he wants to play it so bad. If Andrew or I are playing any sort of instrument he crawls over and bangs on it, or strums it, or tries to contribute in whatever way he can. We bought him a little kid Mickey Mouse guitar and he carries it around with him and strums on it all day. He loves percussive noises and banging on tables, or chairs, and especially on the djembe. The djembe is his favorite. 

Milo has been mimicking us a lot more. Whenever Andrew or I laugh, he'll start doing this fake laugh that kind of sounds like he's coughing. It's honestly the worst fake laugh in the world, but he thinks it's hilarious and so do we. He's been obsessed with putting his fingers in my mouth and trying to feed me his food. He just wants to be involved in everything I do. (I say this as he's currently trying desperately to type on my keyboard) He also has started waving a little bit. (I've never seen him do it, but Andrew swears that he has) 

Milo says "mom" "dad" "aaaaaAAAT" and "yeeeeee" on a regular basis.  He sleeps 11 hours a night without a peep (usually...lately he's been sleep talking). He's as sweet as he always been and cries so rarely that when he does it doesn't bother me at all. He's always laughing and smiling and talking and acting more like a toddler every day.

He's my favorite little person in the whole world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment