Monday, December 29, 2014

hey there, snow





After a ridiculously warm Thanksgiving and early December, it felt like the most magical thing in the world waking up Christmas morning to SNOW. It's been snowing fairly consistently ever since and while I hate driving in it, I certainly love admiring it (from my front yard... for like, 5 minutes)

I've been taking it s l o w since school let out. Late mornings in bed watching TV with Milo, lounging around in leggings and thermal tees, eating peanut butter toast (LOTS of peanut butter toast) and of course tons of chocolate. This past semester was quite honestly fairly difficult for me. My course load was a lot heavier than usual (why did I take TWO upper level philosophy classes at the same time??) and I had a baby that required all my time and attention outside of class. Honestly, I think I should get an award for getting up, getting dressed, getting Milo dressed, packing the diaper bag, packing my book bag, and making it to the babysitters with everything in tow by 10 am. (PS: If you babysat my child this semester I seriously can never thank you enough) I got on a really good schedule, and most days everything felt manageable. Drop the baby off, walk to school, pick the baby up, play until Andrew gets home, make dinner, baby to bed, homework, bed, wash, rinse, repeat. It wasn't until I took a break that I would realize how exhausting it all was. Thanksgiving was basically a brick wall for me. Dragging myself out of bed after that glorious taste of a vacation was essentially impossible. 

Where am I going with this, you ask? No where in particular, actually. Mostly I'm just trying to illustrate that this winter break has been the best thing ever and I'm already dreading going back next week (!!!!!) But this snow has been a nice reminder that it's okay to take a break. It's okay to stay under the covers all day and order pizza and marathon Lord of the Rings. It's okay to let the laundry pile up (already regretting this one, but I digress). So just let me have this last week of hibernation and then I'll come out swinging in 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment