Friday, June 20, 2014

15/52

"A portrait of Milo once a week, every week, for his first year"

Before Milo was born I got it into my head that he needed a stuffed animal. Not just any stuffed animal, but an animal that would represent him and be HIS animal and now it all sounds really silly, but as a very pregnant woman with lots of time on her hands this was IMPORTANT. The problem was that I obviously hadn't met him yet and therefore couldn't decide on an animal based on his appearance or personality. I got so stressed out trying to decide on an animal to get him when finally Andrew said "Why don't you just get him a lion?" Lion... the thought had never even crossed my mind. I thought about it for a few seconds and it seemed perfect! How had I not thought of lion? Here I was stressing over elephants and rabbits and bears and LION was the answer I was looking for. So I hopped online and began the search for the perfect lion. I found this guy on Amazon and he looked so perfectly adorable and squishy and soft and I bought him immediately. 

Well as it turns out, lion fits Milo perfectly. He was born with fiery orange hair and if you follow me on Instagram you've seen the video of his tiniest infant cry that sounds just like Simba learning to roar. He truly is our little lion man.

As ridiculous as this all is, I couldn't help but be a little thrilled when this week Milo decided to take some interest in this Lion of his. I set it on his chest and his eyes lit up and he started talking to him like he was an old friend. So here's to a lifelong Andy/Woody-esque friendship! Or at least a few cute pictures while he's little and willing to put up with my antics. 



No comments:

Post a Comment