Friday, May 9, 2014

Milo | 2 months




What we've learned this month: This month we learned that we are so so blessed to have a baby as sweet and mild mannered as Milo. Last week we left Orem, drove 5 hours to Vegas, stayed 16 hours in an airport as we dealt with flight cancellations and delays, flew to Philadelphia, drove 9 hours to North Carolina, drove 9 hours back to Philly, flew back to Vegas, and drove back to Orem. All within 7 days. And you know who only complained once? That's right. My deliciously chubby baby. After hearing so many horror stories about traveling with babies I was so worried that we were overly ambitious and were going to hate ourselves by the end of the trip, but he made it so easy and so fun. I just love that baby.

The Good: Milo has gained 3 pounds this month, clocking in at a hefty 13 lbs. (He also officially outgrew all his 0-3 month clothes and is comfortably wearing 3-6 mos.) He's an amazing eater and is still averaging 8-10 hours of sleep a night. In the morning he'll wake up and just quietly lay in his crib for a good 30-45 mins until I come and get him. And as soon as he sees me his face lights up into the biggest heart melting smile you ever did see.

The Struggle: At the end of our trip Milo got super fussy and cranky and kept crying out like he was in pain. We figured out that because I was supplementing with formula to save time while we were driving, he got pretty constipated. Usually he'll only have a couple bottles a week while I'm at school and during this trip he had as much as 3 bottles in a day. SO that resulted in lots of snuggling and nursing and bouncing and him being the saddest little baby. I didn't get a smile at him for a good two days, which was just the saddest thing. But early this morning he had the most massive poop, which resulted in the most massive smile and we're all feeling a lot better now. 

Milo's Milestones: Milo has changed SO much in the past month, I can't even believe it. He smiles all the time now. All I have to do is smile at him or talk to him and he'll give me the biggest grin. He's also cooing all the time and seems like he's trying so hard to communicate with people. His movements have gotten a lot more controlled and he doesn't just randomly hit himself in the face anymore. He is also going to sleep without being swaddled no problem. Oh and he's working on his laugh. I bet he'll have it down by next month.

Looking forward to: Laughing!!! That is seriously going to make my day. I'm really excited for him to be able to hold his head up better so I can start setting him in his Bumbo during the day. Also I can't wait for him to start being interested in toys and start grabbing at things. He's got a daddy who is dying to play with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment