Sunday, April 6, 2014

Milo | 1 month





Milo turned one month on the 5th! I know this is about as cliche as it gets, but I seriously cannot believe it's already been that long. He is already getting so big (10 lbs say what??) and changing so much and I just love every single minute of it.

What we've learned this month: This being Milo's first month, we've learned a lot. We've learned that he hates baths and diaper changes (although he's getting better at both). We've learned that sometimes he gets so excited to eat that he forgets how to latch on, which is both hilarious and frustrating. He loves to be snuggled and swaddled and he loves his frog pacifier. Heaven forbid we try to give him a different one.

The Good: Milo is just the best sleeper. I cannot be more grateful for that, especially since I am still in school. Since day one he's been a marathon sleeper, usually only waking once in the night around 3:30 and then again around 8. He's also great in that I can lay him down awake and he'll fall asleep on his own. Gosh, I love that.

The Struggle: Speaking of sleeping... haha The past couple days Milo has decided that his usual 4 hour daytime naps are not for him. He's also decided that he wants to eat every hour. I'm pretty sure he's just going through a growth spurt, but man it's exhausting. Most days I don't eat until Andrew gets home from work because I only have 30-40 minutes between feedings which means I almost never have time to make food. My greatest solace is that he still sleeps really well at night so I know I just have to make it to 11pm and I'm good to go.

Milo's Milestones: The past couple days we've started seeing Milo's first real smiles and it is the cutest thing ever. I will pretty much do all the stupid faces and voices that I swore I'd never do just to get that kid to grin at me. 

Looking forward to: More of those smiles and laughing. Basically anything from him that acknowledges that I'm a real person that he knows and loves and not just a milk machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment