Monday, February 24, 2014

38 Weeks AKA Over. It.

How far along: 38 and 1 day

Baby size: 7 lbs, or close to. Although if he's a true Streeter baby he's probably more like 9 so...

Weight gain: 35 lbs.


Maternity clothes: Yes, but even those are starting to get small- so right now it's more like pajama pants and whatever shirt of Andrew's I can find.


Stretch Marks: For some reason I thought I'd be lucky and only have one or two little stretch marks, but the beasts came out last week and now my tummy looks like a watermelon. It only made me a little sad.

Sleep:  No exaggeration- I wake up once every hour to pee. The good thing is that I fall asleep again pretty much instantaneously after that and sleep super soundly for another hour or so until my bladder wakes me up again. I guess it's good practice for the future, at least?



Best moment this week: At this point the fact that time is passing at all is the greatest thing. Every day is a day closer to my due date and that is basically the only thing keeping me going right now. 


Worst moment this week: Insane amounts of discomfort. Mostly my back, but also I feel like he's really dropped this week and my belly is feeling it. Basically everything hurts and getting comfortable is the worst and if I have to sit in a chair for more than 30 minutes I am not a happy camper. 


Looking forward to: Being done.


What I miss: Clothes that fit, being comfortable, performing basic functions without gasping for air, sleeping on my stomach


Movement: Mostly it just feels like he's rolling around and trying to get comfortable himself. Not so much kicking or distinct movements anymore, but like... waves rolling across my stomach. 


Food cravings: Applesauce. And chocolate. I can't eat any sort of meal without NEEDING chocolate immediately after. 


Aversions: Nothin'. I will honestly eat anything put in front of me.

Belly button: Not sure how to explain it. It's definitely in... but sometimes it's a little poky-outey after I've eaten a ton. But it pokes out while still being in...? I don't know. My belly button hath no end.


Miscellaneous: 
9 months is forever. 

Here's some crappy mirror pics for you!!!!! Don't I just look thrilled to be existing?


No comments:

Post a Comment